On November 22, 2021, the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) issued a notice titled, “Reminder for Critical Infrastructure to Stay Vigilant Against Threats During Holidays and Weekend.”
Over a number of posts to follow, IP Probe Blog will take a dive into the links made available in the notice that provide more specific information.
The CISA reminder initially highlights a few fundamentals out of the gate:
- Identify IT security employees for weekends and holidays who would be available to surge during these times in the event of an incident or ransomware attack.
- Implement multi-factor authentication for remote access and administrative accounts.
- Mandate strong passwords and ensure they are not reused across multiple accounts.
- If you use remote desktop protocol (RDP) or any other potentially risky service, ensure it is secure and monitored.
- Remind employees not to click on suspicious links, and conduct exercises to raise awareness.
*In our next post, we will review CISA’s recommended, “Best Practices and Mitigations” during the Holiday Season and weekends.
Disclaimer: IPProbe.Global is a service to the professional IP community. While every effort has been made to check information in this blog, we provide no guarantees or warranties, express or implied, regarding the content provided in IPProbe.Global. We disclaim all liability and responsibility for the qualification or accuracy of representations made by the contributors or for any disputes that may arise. It is the responsibility of the readers to independently investigate and verify the credentials of such persons and the accuracy and validity of the information provided by them. This blog is for general information only and not intended to provide legal or other professional advice.
Thank you . Tis the season to be HACKED!!
THANK YOU RONALD
Vigilance is so important
On My ship the USS Boxer LPH-4 ‘The Captain’s standing order
always include the words ” The price of safety is eternal vigilance”
In this matter the price of Security is the same
Tom Manley FBI Special Agent- Retired
Pingback: CISA & FBI – Holiday Cyber Security Tips – IP PROBE – Blog